Sunday, December 6, 2009

Where to begin...

I am learning how to grieve....learning how to let life move on its way remembering that there are far worse issues that I could/will deal with one day. My god, there are people who have lost people! I have lost people...why is this so different?


I am learning that change is hard always but that some change is harder. We go through great change as a military family and will continue to know that change rules our lives in most cases, but this change is so different, why?


Kate told me today that Cooper told Sully to take care of me when he left and I think this is true because Sully now follows me around, is glued to my side as Cooper was. He is learning to do what Cooper did for 7 years, he is trying to fill the paws of a great dog that lived long enough to touch so many people's lives.


We thank you all for teaching him, growing him and loving him. I am sure that no one loved him as much as Dave or I did but any love is great love. Please know that he loved you too!
Rest in God's Peace and Know that You are SO Missed and will always be SO Loved!
November 10, 2002-December 1, 2009
Cooper Punk Adkins

1 comment:

Kate said...

tears when I read this... Sweet Coop- I know you are looking down on us from Heaven!