Thursday, May 1, 2008

Aggie...

I am blessed by the millions that are serving and have served. Here is an Aggie that lost his life for his service very recently. He was in the Corps with Dave, same outfit (C-2) and was Class of '04.

Please take a moment to read, remember and honor these amazing people who keep us safe.

To All,

Many of you may already be aware, but for those of you who have not heard I have some sad news. Tim Cunningham, C-2 Class of 2004, was killed in Iraq last week. He was one of two Aggies who were lost. Details concerning his death can be found by going to the following links.






Details concerning services can be found at:




While his time with us was relatively short, before pursuing his goal of attending West Point, I remember Tim well and count myself lucky to have known him. I know you will all join with me in keeping his family in your thoughts and prayers. My best regards to all.

Sincerely,


Ben Arcuni '02

P.S. - I intended this message for the classes of '01 through '05 (those I felt may have known him). My email list for those classes is fairly complete but there are gaps. If you notice emails that are missing please pass along the word to those I have missed, and anyone else you feel would want to know. Thanks.


It is hard to make this seem real. We must win this battle for the sake of those who have been lost.

Final Inspection


The soldier stood and faced God, Which must always come to pass.


He hoped his shoes were shining.Just as brightly as his brass.


"Step forward now,soldier.How shall I deal with you?


Have you always turned the other cheek?To My Church have you been true?


"The soldier squared his shoulders and said,"No, Lord, I guess I ain't.


Because those of us who carry guns,Can't always be a saint.


I've had to work most Sundays,And at times my talk was tough.


And sometimes I've been violent,Because the world is awfully rough.


But, I never took a penny,That wasn't mine to keep....


Though I worked a lot of overtime.When the bills just got too steep.


And I never passed a cry for help,Though at times I shook with fear.


And sometimes, God, forgive me,I've wept unmanly tears.


I know I don't deserve a place,Among the people here.


They never wanted me around,Except to calm their fears.


If you've a place for me here, Lord.It needn't be so grand.


I never expected or had too much,But if you don’t, I’ll understand.


There was a silence all around the throne,Where the saints had often trod.


As the soldier waited quietly,For the judgment of his God.


"Step forward now,soldier you’ve borne your burdens well.


Walk peacefully on Heaven’s streets; you’ve done your time in Hell."




- Author Unknown -




Freedom does not come free.

No comments: